Burger King Assistant Manager Arrested for Serving Customer Fries from Trash Can

    0
    654
    A Burger King assistant manager in South Carolina has been taken into custody following allegations of serving customers French fries from the trash can.

    Jaime Christine Major, 39, is facing charges of tampering with food, which is considered a felony.
    The incident occurred when Major reportedly took discarded French fries from the trash and combined them with freshly cooked fries in the container meant for serving customers. The discovery led to her arrest.

    The Union Police Department received a call about a disturbance at the Burger King on July 9, which prompted their response.

    Upon arriving at the scene, officers encountered two women who were engaged in a heated argument with the restaurant staff, using profanity and making threats.

    Despite the officers’ attempts to defuse the situation, the women refused to calm down, leading to their arrest on charges of disorderly conduct.

    Following this incident, Burger King headquarters contacted the police on July 11 to report Major’s alleged actions of serving fries from the trash can. An investigation ensued, resulting in a warrant being issued for Major’s arrest.

    If found guilty, Major could face a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, as reported by The State. The judge set her bond at $20,000, and she has been detained at the Union County Detention Center since Tuesday, according to the same source.

    This unfortunate event has raised concerns about food safety and proper handling practices in fast-food establishments. Customers rely on restaurants to maintain high standards when preparing and serving their meals, and incidents like this undermine trust in the food service industry. Authorities take tampering with food seriously due to the potential risks it poses to public health and safety.

    As the case progresses, further details may emerge regarding the circumstances surrounding the incident. Food establishments are continually reminded of the importance of adhering to strict hygiene and safety protocols to ensure the well-being of their customers. Incidents such as this serve as a reminder for both businesses and consumers to prioritize food safety and uphold best practices at all times.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here